18.2.09

Your Perfect Day


Wedding Bouquet – DSH: This is part of DSH’s Your Perfect Day: Wedding Fragrances series. It includes scents designed for bridesmaids, the mother of the bride, the groom and three just for the bride. As a woman currently planning her wedding, and a new fan of DSH, I want to beg Ms. Spencer Hurwitz to take “perfect” out of the series name. What pressure!

As for the fragrance, it starts with sweet, crisp honeysuckle (Bergamot? What bergamot?). A little more green, soapy, waxiness comes out (stephanotis). Then along comes gardenia to give the bouquet more presence, while fortunately the white rose stays in the background, perhaps lending a quiet roundness. As it begins to slide from middle note florals to the drydown, the musk and sandalwood become more noticeable. In an hour to an hour and a half, all that remains on me is a very pleasant, clean, lightly floral musk that stays very close to the skin. I think you’d need to be nuzzling me to smell it. It is a pretty, guileless, straight up floral and I like it.

The Other Half Says: Uh huh. It’s fine. (I am just bowled over by his enthusiasm! Is he really kind of neutral about it or did I just interrupt his thinking about, like, Mariocart? Not that there is anything wrong with Mariocart, except that I suck at it.)

Bergamot, French Lily, Gardenia, Stephanotis, White Rose Accord, Musk, Orris, Sandalwood

No comments:

Post a Comment