21.2.09

Nemat International Musk Amber Perfume Oil


After such success with Kuumba Made Amber Paste, and having read some positive reviews of Nemat oils (an Indian brand carried at my local Whole Foods/Whole Body), I gave several Nemat scents a test drive. Unlike Kuumba Made, I don't think Nemat oils are all natural. (But so what, I thought to myself, neither are most perfumes.) If one were to really love a Nemat fragrance or two, they can all be bought in larger sizes at great wholesale prices from the Nemat site.

Majmua: Too sharp and harsh for me, but still had a soapy drydown. The floral element of this fragrance was much weaker than the wood/herb/resin part.

Gardenia: Nice in the bottle and not too sweet. However, this blossomed into a total disaster on my skin. This “gardenia” quickly morphed into the strongest, most nostril-singing soap smell I have experienced. A true scrubber.

Narcissus: Seemed nice at first, a mild white floral and just sweet enough. Given The Other Half’s preference for not too floral scents on me, I thought I might be able to layer this with something else (musk?) and make it work for him. But, it too dried down soapy, though thankfully not in the brain searing fashion of the gardenia.

Himilayan Musk: An interesting one. Sort of a woodsy, piney musk. I think it could be worn easily by a man as well.

Vanilla Musk: Lord, that is one sweet scent. Too sweet for me, even if TOH would like its vanilla-ness.

Musk Amber: This one’s a winner. A kinder, gentler amber scent. Almost a skin scent on me. Not the intense, dark amber of the Kuumba Made Amber Paste, but a sweet, resinous warmth mixed with light musk. Upon first applying the Musk Amber, the amber dominates, but as time goes on the musk shifts into the foreground. If one were to be overwhelmed by KM’s Amber Paste, this might be a good way to get one’s ambery toes wet.

The Other Half Says: Are you wearing one of mine? (No.) Seriously, you are. Right? (No.)

But ultimately he enjoys it because he can detect a bit of the vanilla that goes into an amber scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment